Did it ever happen to you that you simply wanted to bake an ideal cake for any occasion or party? Are you experienced in decorating cakes? Well here is your chance to amaze everyone, reading this full article will assist you by showing step by step to form an easy yet wonderful beach-themed cake which can go along well with a friend’s party or a beach party. Find out how to make an ocean out of buttercream icing, ashore out of sugar, and so far more. This article will assist you to become savvy with beach cake decorations. Let’s get how to make a beach cake at home with less effort.
How to Make a Homemade Beach Cake?
Ingredient for Beach Cake
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1tea spoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
Make Spongy Cake Step by Step
Making a homemade cake was never very easy. Begin by mixing sugar and butter. Whisk well, until light and fluffy. Then add the beaten eggs and blend well. Beat further so that the mixture turns white and creamy.
Sift together the all-purpose flour and baking powder and soda. It’s done to evenly distribute the baking powder and soda in flour. Gradually, add this to the egg mixture. If required, add a touch of milk and blend till the batter is fluffy and soft. You’ll not add the whole 1 cup milk if you are feeling the consistency of your cake looks ok. Add vanilla essence and blend well. Vanilla essence is vital to camouflage the smell of eggs.
Sprinkle some flour on a greased baking tin. It’ll prevent sticking from the top of the cake to the bottom. You’ll also line it with butter paper. Pour the prepared mixture into the cake mold and place it on the pressure cooker. Don’t add water to the cooker and make sure that the tin doesn’t touch the bottom of the cooker. You’ll also keep the cake mold on a metal plate. Increase the flame and cook for 5 minutes. Now remove the whistle and cook on low flame for 40-50 minutes. If you’re using an electrical oven, cook at 180 degrees for 35-40minutes.
Insert a knife or a wooden skewer into the cake and if it comes out clean, then the cake is prepared. Remove from the oven or cooker and allow cooling on a wire rack for 5 to 10 minutes.
For making Homemade Cakes, confirm you whisk the cake-mix well. And better to use an electrical bitter for mixing all the ingredients, as this may make the mixture lightweight. If you don’t have butter at home, you can use clarified butter or ghee. Otherwise, you can use homemade butter for adding extra flavor to a cake.DIY Tips
How to Make the Best Fluffy Butter Cream Frosting?
I can easily buy buttercream frosting from the store for cake and stuff which is more convenient. But most of the time it messed up the desired taste of desserts. Luckily, I have a secret fluffy buttercream frosting recipe to make the dessert and cake more delicious. I’ve been practicing this frosting recipe for 5 years, successfully. So, today I’m going to reveal mom’s special buttercream frosting procedure.
Buttercream Frosting Ingredients
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- White candy melts
- Brown sugar
- Blue food coloring
- Electric beater
- At first, I take cool butter for the blend. Here, you don’t require any swag for butter but the butter must be cold to touch and a little bit soft at the initial stage. Now, take this butter in a mixing bowl and make sure it’s quite enough to hold blended butter while simultaneously biting it.
- Take the beater and check the coupling parts and ensure they are securely locked. Place the beater and press the turn on button. Keep blending until it becomes fluffy. Don’t run your electric beater continuously. Manufacturers should recommend that you must use a beater intermittently.
- Now, add 2 or 3 tablespoons (as per the amount of butter) of vanilla extract for flavor. These are additional ingredients and you can also use your favorite flavor. To make a beach cake or ocean cake you often require sand or blue color.
- I separate the blended butter equally in different mixer bowl. To be exact, a beach cake not only represents a beach only, but an ocean should also be mention indeed. So, I use blue food color in one bowl and some brown color to give a sand look. The color is very important to present a natural beach cake. So, keep in mind and make it natural as much as possible with simple and edible materials.
- Once flavor and required color have mixed in proper ratio beat them until get mixed all the ingredients properly.
- Add sugar one cup at a time, and then beat for 3-5 minutes, until fluffy. You must be thinking why we need to mix all the ingredients separately? The answer is pretty obvious; if you blend all the items together you’ll never get a proper mixer. This is the reason I beat butter separately with additional things.
How to Assemble the Beach Cake?
- Using a sharp knife, trim off the edges of all cakes – this will make them look pretty when they are being stacked.
- Stack the cakes, spreading a generous amount of buttercream between each layer.
- Spread the buttercream right to the edges of the cakes. Then spread a thin layer of buttercream on top of the cake.
- Holding a spatula vertically against the surface of the cake, rotate the cake to smooth the buttercream filling. For the side of the cake do the same to smooth the cake with the icing. Then Sprinkle some brown sugar or crushed biscuits on top of the cake to make it look like sand.
- For the seashell to have the whole beach vibe all you need are some accessories to make chocolate seashells. Things you required to make the seashell are candy melts seashell candy mold, brush, and pearl color mist or spray.
Steps to Making Seashell Using the Chocolate Melts
- Microwave candy melts at a HIGH temperature at 30-second intervals. Make sure to stir well after each interval otherwise melting will not occur properly.
2. Melt another color of candy melts in a separate bowl.
Keep in mind to use contrasting colors as this will improve the appearance of the swirled effect of the seashells.DIY Tips
3. Take another bowl, drop off some candy melt.
4. Drop a contrasting candy melt on top.
5. Using a fork or toothpick, gently swirl the two colors.
6. Over-stirring will cause a complete blend of color. Stop stirring when you can see and are satisfied with the swirled effect.
7. Take one Scoop into the desired candy mold and leave it to dry. If you’re impatient like me, place it in the refrigerator for about 15 – 20 minutes.
8. You will know when the candy molds have hardened once you turn around the mold plate and gently tap on the backside. If ready, the candy mold will fall out. If not then leave it to dry for another 10 minutes. Refrigeration will not affect the final product.
And my favorite part of all of this is pearl dusting. You can use any shade of pearl mist for a shimmered effect. For the last step, arrange all candy molds and lay them across a paper towel or silicon pad, working quickly from one side to the other, then spray evenly. You’re probably wondering what the brush is for. Sometimes when using the mist, if sprayed too much, simply brush off the excess.
Now come to my favorite part which is an umbrella for the beach cake decoration
Things You Need to Make an Umbrella
- Skewer sticks
- Thick paper
- Glue drops/ glue
Steps for Umbrella Straws
- Steps for Umbrella StrawsCut out a circle. I can never get a good circle freehand, so I usually trace a little circular object and cut it, on the outline.
- Fold the circle in half. Unfold and fold it in the exact opposite direction. Repeat an equivalent within the middle of every quarter. Make sure to fold them all from the same direction and make deep creases in the paper.
- Fold on the lines and draw a scallop on one of the folds. This helps get even scallops for all the sides.
- Cut on the scallop outline. And retouch with small cuts wherever they aren’t even.
- Paint a simple design on the folds. We did alternate panels, polka dots, stripes, and black paint. Let the paint dry.
- Fold all the panels on top of every other and make a small cut at the tip. This is to make the hole in the center. It’s important that this cut is small, as it will look bigger when opened up.
- Taking one among the panel edges (usually an untidy one, like mine!) makes a cut along the sting to the middle of the cutout.
- Paste the flaps on either side of the cutout on top of each other.
- Fold the scallops inwards from the edges.
- Leaving a little space on the top, paste glue drops around the straw.
- Slide the cutout onto the straw and let it stick with the glue drop. Push it lightly. And the straw is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions about How to Make a Beach Cake?
How to Make Beach Waves on a Cake?
It’s actually pretty simple. You just need a white buttercream of any flavor, dark blue edible gel, and a spatula to make those wave-like patterns. While you want ocean waves in the cake you must keep some white or natural buttercream before adding extra color. A white uneven touch on the blue surface makes it like a white and coming wave. So, this is super simple. Take white cream using a spatula and place it on the surface. Make it a little curvy to give a natural and real look. Spend some time and generate ideas for a super professional ocean beach cake with little effort.
How to Make Sand on a Beach Cake?
Ground almonds or almond meals are perfect for creating a sand effect. They are quite pale so if you’re after a darker color, then this won’t be the choice for you. To make edible sand out of those you do not even need a kitchen appliance like a food processor. You can easily crush them using a Ziploc bag or a rolling pin. If you want a darker color then go for crushed biscuits or brown sugar.
How to Decorate a Beach Cake?
You can decorate by putting edible sand, cocktail umbrella and by giving waves like pattern to make it look more real .you can also use chocolate seashell and a cake topper can be used to enhance the beauty explicitly. Read the above section carefully to acquire more ideas about beach cake decoration. The main fact is that you don’t require any special category of food accessories or ingredients to decor your beach cake. Grab all the edible and suitable candies, chocolates, and other tiny toys (if possible) for decoration.
Cakes are special for every celebration which ends with something sweet, a cake and other people remember all about memories. Make your occasion more memorable with your loved ones with your handmade beach cake. Try this recipe, I am sure you will not be disappointed and give amaze your friend and family by showing your savvy skills in this unique themed cake. Try how to make a beach cake and also check out the popsicle-making procedure at home.